oh no, it's been a month

I can't believe I have already let a month slip by since I last posted! Terrible! So much has happened!

Monumentous Moments: March Dr. Visit (heartbeat at 148), 20 week Ultrasound, Gender Reveal, Baby Registry, and Baby Shower plans

{March 7th- 18 weeks}

Let's start with the 5 minute Doctor visit we had in March! It was so easy and simple, 5 minutes wasn't much but I was so glad we had this visit because I was finally able to meet the Dr. that I am most interested in at the office I selected. She was so nice and helpful! I'm hoping to meet with her several more times before Little Baby Wiegand is born!

Last Monday, James and I celebrated his 29th birthday! I had a half day from school and so we went to the Imaging Center for our baby's 20 week ultrasound! We were there for an hour getting pictures of our beautiful baby! We were able to see everything but what stood out the most to me was the 4 chambers of the heart, the spine, hands and feet, and the adorable hiccups were watched! The ultrasound technician (Leng) said our baby was so active and had to be chased around to get all the right pictures! We told her we wanted the baby's gender put into an envelope so that we could take it home and find out with our family!

So that night we had all our immediate family over for pizza and cake, to celebrate James' birthday. After eating pizza everyone was eager to find out that....


{it's a girl!}

The first baby girl of both families so it's very exciting! The ultrasound technician told us that she had been doing this job for 9 years and that she had never had anyone come back and tell her she had been wrong. She also spent several minutes verifying the gender to make sure she wasn't "missing anything or that anything [was] hiding!"


After finding out we are having a sweet little girl join our family we were able to really finalize the items on our baby registry lists at Buy Buy Baby and Amazon.com! I have been doing research about baby products for a long time, even before I was pregnant! I purchased an online Consumer Reports account and have been scoping pinterest and blogs galore to find out what the best and most affordable baby products are! Here are a couple of the things I am really stoked about:

Bob Revolution Pro Single Stroller- Initially we thought we would just get the most basic Bob, we've known we wanted one for a couple years! However after doing some research with reviews about quality and pricing we decided to go with the Pro. This jogging stroller has a front lock tire so that it will be easier while jogging, handle break and adjustable handlebar for different heights! Right now this stroller is $100 cheaper when purchased from Amazon.com vs. Buy Buy Baby! Plus, amazon occasionally runs deals for an additional $50-100 off! This was a big selling point for us!

4moms Mamaroo Classic Infant Seat- I have read such great reviews of this bad boy on many different mama blogs! The ability to change swing/rock patterns and put your own music on is so awesome! When I was little I had a mother goose lamp that played tapes- it came with one called "A Child's Gift of Lullabies" by Tanya Goodman. My mom played this tape for me and my siblings for years and I was mesmerized. I even made sure my littlest sister (16 years younger) had a copy when she was little to fall asleep with! Recently, when my first nephew was born and had trouble sleeping, I had to look up this album and see if I could track it down- sure enough- I downloaded it and James and I sometimes play it to fall asleep now! The music is so sweet and beautiful I don't know how anyone wouldn't want to listen to it! I can't wait to plug it into this infant seat and let our little beauty fall asleep to it!

We are still trying to decide on a video baby monitor. We know that we would like to have the ability to have more than one camera with it so that when we have more children we can monitor more than one room. It'd be great if the camera can pan the room! We also want to have a color screen with night vision. Not sure what other things would be beneficial for monitors but any recommendations and tips are greatly appreciated!

Pottery Barn Kids Kendall Crib- I've been telling James for a while that a crib from Buy Buy Baby or Amazon or any of the other large baby stores wasn't going to cut it! They are usually poor quality and ugly! So this weekend I dragged him into Pottery Barn Kids to show him what I thought to be a quality crib! As we walked in there was a Floor Model Sale Sign, so we asked an employee to show us which cribs they had as floor model sales. One of the cribs I had been most interested in was on sale! It was not in my preferred color (white or grey), however $100 off is such a steal that we couldn't pass it up! We bought it in the Tuscan color and put it together on Sunday! I'm so in love! I can't wait until we get a crib mattress and the bedding so that it will look more like a baby bed than a place to store our other baby items!

{James, so excited to put the crib together!}

Finally, my sweet sister, dearest friends, and I have been working on putting together ideas for my baby shower! I am so excited with the theme and ideas I have seen so far! I can't wait to see the gorgeous end result and celebrate this baby girl with all our closest friends and family!

Gender: GIRL!
Weight gain: +11.6lbs
Maternity clothes: definitely- I hate the way all my regular clothes fit on me now!
Stretch marks: Same- just a bit on the thighs :) Loving Mustela!
Belly button in or out: In- I'm sure it will either flatten out or pop out soon!
Sleep: On and off- some nights it's great, some nights it's bad, not terrible yet though so that's good!
Best moment this week: Putting together our new crib!
Worst moment this week: Dealing with annoying parents at school- totally un-pregnancy related but totally stressing me out!
Miss anything: Having free time to relax!
Movement: Still really light movement but definitely think I've been feeling it here and there! I try to focus on the feelings most before I go to bed!
Cravings: Fro-yo lately
Queasy or sick: Still neither!
Looking forward to: SPRING BREAK AND RELAXING!
Not looking forward to: Grading essays on spring break!

That's all for now! Definitely a "bumpie" update to come next week when I have more time!

post signature

Comments