T (+ or) - 4 days

I can't believe there are only 4 days left until Little Miss Wiegand arrives (+ or -)! This last week I have spent quite a bit of time wrapping up things I feel need to be done for school before I just don't have the energy to work (and need a break). It's had me thinking a lot about what kind of work person I am and how lucky I am!

I've always known myself to be a "leader" but these last couple of weeks I have really seen this come out in my personality, as well as how "Type A" I am. Look at the definition of Type A personality from Wikipedia:

"The theory describes "Type A" individuals as ambitious, rigidly organized, highly status-conscious, sensitive, impatient, take on more than they can handle, want other people to get to the point, anxious, proactive, and concerned with time management. People with Type A personalities are often high-achieving "workaholics" who multi-task, push themselves with deadlines, and hate both delays and ambivalence."



It's the most exact definition of me and how I've been working these last couple of weeks. But yesterday, I decided that I really need to push myself to be a bit more "Type B" these next couple of months. I am sooo lucky to work with an AMAZING and collaborative team at my school! My partner (who teaches Math and Science) is awesome and is totally going to take on a different role this school year! 

At our school, we are going to have 6 sixth grade teachers, but two of which will be in another building. So, my partner is going to be the only teacher in our building (with three newbs) who has taught at our school before! They are all going to look for her for guidance and help. I'm so lucky to have such a rockstar as my partner! 

Not only am I lucky to have such a great partner but I have a great substitute coming on to take over for me until I return in January! So coming back to my need to be more "Type B"- I decided yesterday that I need to stop being so "rigidly organized...anxious, proactive...high-achieving 'workaholics' who multi-task, [and] push themselves with deadlines" and trust that these wonderful people I work with are more than capable to start our school year off on the right foot and keep our new students on track for a great school year! 

I'm pledging to myself to let go of some of the control "issues" I have and allow myself these next few months to enjoy every second I have at home with my new baby girl and my husband. I know that this will be a time I can never get back and I want to make the most of every second; I won't be able to do that if I'm constantly worrying/stressing over what is being done at school.

This brings me to end my reflection of self and gratefulness and lead into my week!

Last week I posted about how I had a few things I wanted to do before Little Miss Wiegand is born. I wanted to update on my progress of these things and add a few more!

1. Reading- I completed Down the Rabbit Hole really quickly; it was a short, interesting read. However, it is hard for me to believe that everything in the book was true so I'm not quick to recommend it to anyone. If you happen across it in a used bookstore for a good price, pick it up, but I wouldn't pay full price for it or rush off to the bookstore to pick it up.
I'm now on to reading Flawless and like the first PLL book, it follows the plot of the show very well. I just want to hurry up and finish the book series so that I know who A is before the tv series reveals it! We'll see how that challenge goes!

2. Movies/Date Nights- James and I saw "Trainwreck" and thought it was hilarious! I would highly recommend this one! James usually falls asleep in every movie but he stayed awake the whole time for this movie (granted he drank a Monster but still...)- that's saying something! We also watched Jurassic World- like many critics said it was a little over the top but I still liked it- this is one of my favorite move series.

3. I got a great mani/pedi last week with my mom! Gel mani is still totally worth it but my pedicure is definitely chipped and ruined already- If only my little sister was here to touch it up for me and put on my Essie Gel Top Coat!

4. Ok I can't remember if I cooked at least one thing every day for that week but I did complete and freeze 4 dinners (with leftovers to add), froyo snack bites, and some peach muffins! This will be really helpful when baby girl arrives!

5. James and I have been on a couple of walks and even a long hike! However, he is bustin' his a to get two jobs done this week so that he has everything wrapped up with our girl gets here! So yesterday I went on a nice walk with my Mom and step-dad and today I took my family's dog on a nice long walk!

This week I'm planning to continue with my reading goal, try and fit in at least one more good date night with James, get in a couple more walks AND I'm getting a Labor Inducing Massage on Monday (whoooo-whooo), getting the house totally cleaned and ready to go, play with my brother's camera to practice before the baby arrives, and maybe if the weather is nice enough I'll even lay out in the backyard for a little sun!

Finally Week 39 stats:
How Far Along: 39 weeks and 4 days
Gender: Girl!
Weight gain: Does it really matter at this point?
Maternity clothes: Pretty much work out clothes as often as I can
Stretch marks: same
Belly button in or out: I think it's time that I admit to myself that it's slightly out
Sleep: Sleep is actually getting a little bit better- so that's good!
Best moment this week: Doing a bit of self-reflection
Worst moment this week: none...
Miss anything: Not having to pee 500 times each night
Movement: Lots every day 
Cravings: fruit, mac and cheese, froyo
Queasy or sick: Nope
Looking forward to: Labor Inducing Massage on Monday!
Not looking forward to: all the "yucky stuff" in store for me right before labor begins- bleh!

Leaving you with a few nursery room photos and a 39 week pregnancy photo!








{39 weeks}


post signature

Comments