Kale Baby

So, "The Bump" tells me that baby is as big as a bunch of Kale; approximately 14 inches and 1.68 pounds (I'm thinking the bump only accounts for inches in regards to their food because damn 1.68 pounds of Kale would be a lot)! I currently feel like how can I possibly get any bigger in the next 14ish weeks? Someone told me yesterday "You're at the point of no return now"! I'm like "yep thanks, k bye" LOL

I'm pretty sure we have decided on baby boy's name. However, as we did with Stella we will keep this baby's name a secret until he is born. I just don't want to hear the "Oh that's an _insert adjective here__ name." We know that the name we have chosen is pretty bad ass and cool and that when people do hear it they'll be like "Oh that name is so sick" but I'd rather just wait until the baby is born so that they can't give an honest opinion if it is anything other than the latter.

In other news, I just finished spring break for school and was able to get barely anything some done on baby boy's room. The closet has been the most dreaded part for me because I have had all my crafting/teaching supplies in there and I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to that stuff. You know, "I spent $XX on that, how could I possibly throw it away or get rid of it? I might need it for _______ project someday!" However, when I had about a couple hours and my sister's help one day I was able to do some whole house closet organization so that I didn't have to throw away/get rid of everything in the office closet.

One of the projects that we tackled to help with this was restoring our DVD collection. We probably had about 50 or so DVD's taking up a shelf in our entry closet- total wasted space. We took the DVD covers out of the cases, folded them in half (cut a little off one side) and then laminated them. Then cut a bit off the top to make a pocket and put the DVD right into the cover sleeve. Now all of my DVD's fit into one organizer box taking up WAY LESS space! Anyway, enough about that- here is my 26 week stats and a pic.

Gender: Boy
Weight gain: +22 lbs (Easter candy helped with this)
Maternity clothes: yep, I need more!
Stretch marks: none yet...
Belly button in or out: Flattened
Sleep: Eh...do you ever get good sleep when you're pregnant with a toddler?
Best moment this week: Having a week off of work for Spring Break!
Worst moment this week: Realizing yesterday that I won't have another break until the end of May and how can I possibly get the baby's room ready in time!
Miss anything: nope not currently
Movement: Yes for Mommy AND Daddy- Stella even asked to "Feel brother" because we've been trying to get her to be able to feel him move too!
Cravings: Salty and Sour!
Queasy or sick: Just allergies still...
Looking forward to: Some Rocky Road ice cream as soon as I'm done typing this!
Not looking forward to: Meeting Amelia tomorrow! (realized last time this should have said, Having to wait until tomorrow to meet Amelia lol). Trying to clean and organize my house in the next couple months!



post signature

Comments