34 Weeks - Baby Shower - Popped Rib

So, I feel like we are in the final countdown- we've got approximately 40 days (hopefully less) left until baby boy's due date! We've had lots of fun and not-so-fun going on here this weekend surrounding baby boy's arrival!

Starting with the not-so-fun. I've been sick with a cold for about 3 weeks now and there isn't really much I can do about it since obviously, I'm pregnant. You're so limited on the medicine you can take that I took nyquil a couple of nights but other than that have just been suffering through it. On Saturday, I was walking through the dining room coughing and heard a pop in my ribs, followed by a lot of pain. I had a hard time catching my breath and calming down. This was around 9am, I basically laid around doing nothing for the rest of the day. Luckily James was home when it happened and was able to not go in to work. Unfortunately, he has also caught this bug and was pretty miserably sick, trying to take care of Stella and get our house ready for the baby shower. Luckily, we had James' sister come over and pick Stella up to go out of the house for a while and then later in the evening my sister Becca came over and helped around the house and also took Stella out for a while. The pain is still pretty sucky, last night was miserable, but I've upped the amount of tylenol I'm taking so hopefully that will help!

Yesterday, we were spoiled by friends and family celebrating our little boy! We had a "Welcome to the World" baby shower at our house with 20-ish of our closest friends and family! Baby boy is so set on clothes up to about 9/12 months! We also got some really cute blankets, some stroller accessories we needed, and some much needed diapers! I can't wait to use the gift cards given to us to purchase the rest of the items we really need! I did not take any pictures but luckily the guests took some, so I will do another post soon with those!

Here are my 34 week stats:
Gender: Boy 
Weight gain: Not sure, I haven't really been worrying about it...
Maternity clothes: haha yes, but my belly is beginning to pop out of the bottom of all my shirts!
Stretch marks: none yet...
Belly button in or out: Flattened
Sleep: miserable- my hips are getting sore, so I'm awake like every 1-2 hours sore and carefully trying to roll to the other side, except now I have a cracked rib or something so I can only sleep on one side!
Best moment this week: Celebrating Baby Boy with all our friends and family!
Worst moment this week: Cracking a rib!
Miss anything: better sleep, time to relax, not being sick...
Movement: Sometimes his kicks are so strong that it actually hurts!
Cravings: I've been wanting more ice cream lately but is that pregnancy or summer?
Queasy or sick: Sick with a cold and slightly queasy after vitamins (same)
Looking forward to: starting summer this week and getting over this cold and cracked rib!
Not looking forward to: starting to think about packing a hospital bag and setting up the car for baby!


post signature
SaveSave

Comments