Baby Shower and Third Trimester Begins

Over the weekend Little Miss Wiegand was spoiled by family and friends at my baby shower! My sister, two of my bffs and myself worked really hard for the last couple of months, planning and organizing everything! We went for a Kate Spade stripes and floral type theme and everything turned out perfect! We had a brunch in my Nana's gorgeous backyard with all the lovely ladies in my life! It was definitely a great way to kick off motherhood the day before my first or last Mother's Day (depending on how you look at it)! We played a little baby quiz, celebrity baby game, and enjoyed my favorite It's Its ice cream sandwiches!

{some of the details with pictures}









I opted not to open gifts with everyone because I wanted James to get to experience some of the fun also! I would highly recommend any mama-to-be doing this! After bringing the gifts home we spent a good 2 hours opening everything, and that was without all the ohhing and ahhhing that happens at a baby shower! It was exhausting just doing this with James and I; I can only imagine how worn out I would have been opening gifts with all my family and friends! Not only that, most people (in my experience) don't want to sit around for 2 hours watching someone open cute onesie after cute onesie! We did get some really adorable outfits though! I can't wait to put our little in some of them and snap pictures for the guests that purchased the items! We were also gifted several other baby essentials but still have quite a bit to purchase; carseats, stroller attachments/accessories, video monitor, play yard, crib bedding, bottles, breast pump,  and many more diapers! I'm looking forward to the shopping we'll be doing but I'm sure James is over it! :)



Gender: Girl!
Weight gain: +20lbs
Maternity clothes: Found this adorable dress I wore to my shower and to work this week! Loving it and received so many compliments in it!
Stretch marks: Same
Belly button in or out: In but flattening out...
Sleep: Having trouble falling asleep but once I'm asleep I sleep well! Occasionally getting up to pee, but not most nights.
Best moment this week: Baby shower filled with love from friends and family
Worst moment this week: Not having enough time for all the things I need to accomplish at work!
Miss anything: More time for James and I
Movement: Getting stronger every day!
Cravings: cherries and cherry desserts
Queasy or sick: No
Looking forward to: Dr.'s visits every two weeks now!
Not looking forward to: CA state testing at school for the next two weeks!



post signature

Comments