Health, Home, & Happiness

So much has been happening to James and I lately! So many exciting things!

Let's start with health...

This weekend, James and I tried two really good recipes. The first is a Raw Vegetable Pad Thai Salad. I found the recipe here, courtesy of Oh She Glows. We added broccoli for some good fiber and did not make a homemade dressing. We purchased a "Ginger People" Thai Peanut dip and sauce to use as our dressing. We would definitely make our own next time because this wasn't too impressive but it was still a great recipe!

{Sorry I'm not a professional photog!}

Yesterday, James and I were lucky enough to get to have a surprise lunch with his Grandma Rose. She thought that just his mom, and her boyfriend Michael were coming over and then James and I, his sister, brother-in-law and our darling nephews Evan and Chris all showed up! It was so much fun! As we were leaving Rose gave us a bag of 7 homegrown zucchinis! Zucchini is one of my favorite summer vegetables! I knew when I saw the bag that I would definitely make some tasty zucchini bread but that doesn't take too many zucchinis (I'll be making that later this week).

{gorgeous zucchinis courtesy of Rose's garden}

So tonight I looked through the refrigerator to see what ingredients we had to use with the zucchini. I found an awesome recipe for Spinach Zucchini Lasagna here, from Primavera Kitchen. For this recipe, I made a few adjustments based on what we had in the kitchen- I added 1 8oz. container of sliced baby bella mushrooms, extra spinach and did not add basil (we didn't have any). I also had a combo of Italian and Mexican cheese rather than just mozzarella. On another note, we do not own a mandoline for thinly slicing the zucchini into noodles. So I started out using a knife (and not slicing thin enough) and James then saw what I was doing and took over by using the cheese grater. It worked really well!

{my thick slices on the right and James' thin slices on the left}

Anyway, this turned into an amazing low-carb, gluten-free lasagna! We ended up adding breadsticks, so there goes the gluten-free dinner but still really delicious!

{our tasty lasagna}

the home...

As you know James and I bought a home this month, we moved in last week and are starting to get everything finalized! We are completely unpacked and are now just getting things where they belong and finding things to decorate and make it more home-y. There will be pictures to come once we've got everything finished! Hoping to plan a house warming party in the middle of July, right before our baby girl comes!

great happiness...

I mean obviously buying a house has a huge effect on our happiness, but we never really felt like our old house was our "home" and have only lived here for a week and feel like it is home infinitely more than we ever did there! 

About a week ago my bestie, her son, and her sister went to Disneyland for 3 days 2 nights! We had such a blast! We wore matching shirts both days and looked adorable thanks to JS Prints. I enjoyed some delicious snacks while I was there; my favorites- a churro and ice cream!







We also are having so much fun learning about the labor and delivery process for the last month in our Great Expectations class at our hospital. It might seem silly to take these classes (especially with a $75 price tag for 4 sessions) but James and I don't understand how a couple or person can go through a baby delivery without attending them! We have learned so much about pregnancy, labor, delivery and tomorrow we learn about postpartum! It has been so helpful in making decisions about our "plan"

This weekend James had a beer and diaper party with many of the men of our family and our best friends! We was a casual get together at a local brewery in our town! All the guys hung out, played corn hole, foosball, and ping pong, drank beer, and socialized! Our friends and family brought us so many diapers! I feel like we are stalked on newborn and size one, we even got a few size 2-4! We are so lucky to have such great friends and family!

This week we've also been noticing such stronger and bigger kicks/pushes from our baby girl! I told James the other day to put his hand on my belly in the car and right as he did, she did the biggest kick we've ever felt! It was so awesome!

this week's baby stats...

How Far Along: 34 almost 35 weeks!
Gender: Girl!
Weight gain: Around 30 lbs.
Maternity clothes: Definitely but mostly wearing tanks and work out shorts as much as I can!
Stretch marks: Found another little one, but not noticeable by anyone besides me!
Belly button in or out: James says it's flat, but I still think it's an innie!
Sleep: Actually sleep is getting better, plus I'm usually taking a nap in the day.
Best moment this week: Getting to see so many friends and family this weekend
Worst moment this week: Being bored around the house because I'm home all day...I need to get out more.
Miss anything: A cold whiskey sour on our deck
Movement: Lots every day!
Cravings: Still lots of fruit, but also lots of cold things lately- popsicles, smoothies, etc...
Queasy or sick: Nope
Looking forward to: Finishing setting our house up to be ready for baby girl!
Not looking forward to: Getting any bigger in the next 5 weeks!


post signature

Comments