15 Days and Counting...

Wow I can't believe that in just a little less or a little more than two weeks away James and I will become a family of 3! With such a short time left I decided that I wanted to make a short 5 item bucket list for these next two weeks, so here is my tentative game plan:

1. Spend some time reading every day. Yesterday I spent some time browsing through the NY Times and Featured lists on iBooks. I really couldn't decide which book I was most interested in reading so I downloaded the samples of several books all of different genres and themes: 
Down The Rabbit Hole by Holly Madison (which after reading the sample I've decided to read first)

Have you read any of these books? Which do you recommend? Or do you have any great summer reads?

2. Have one or two movie dates nights with James! We have been dying to check out the new Studio Movie Grill AND really want to see Amy Schumer's new movie Trainwreck. So we are going to have at least one date night like this. We also have gift certificates to another theater but aren't sure what to see: maybe Max or Jurassic World, what do you think?

3. Get a really good Mani/Pedi! I'm hoping to get this done today or tomorrow because hello I can't reach my toes, my feet (and hands) are swollen, and I'm sure my hands are going to be in a bunch of pictures holding our sweet baby girl!

4. Cook at least one thing every day for at least this week. I've heard a really good tip that in the weeks before baby comes to make double batches of whatever you cook for dinner and freeze half! This gives me a really good excuse to find some yummy, new Pinterest recipes! I'm planning on making some Thai curry, Yogurt Granola bites, a Macaroni and Cheese, and Spinach and Zucchini (thanks Aunt Katrina) Lasagna. Any of you pregnant mamas have some really good tried and true recipes that can be frozen?

5. Choose the cooler days of the week and/or get up a little earlier to go on a few walks with James. Going on walks is where we do all of our major "life planning" and even though in the immediate future there aren't going to be any additional life plan changes, I think it will be important for us to continue this strategy of ours because it has worked out really well thus far! #newhouse #newbaby #whatsnext

This weekend we had a fabulous last minute housewarming BBQ! Over 50 friends and family members were able to make it with only about a week's worth of notice! We had a great time showing everyone our new home and sharing such good conversation! We are so lucky to have such loving and supportive people in our lives!

Finally the end of week 37 stats:

How Far Along: 37 weeks and 6 days
Gender: Girl!
Weight gain: Does it really matter at this point?
Maternity clothes: I'm so ready to wear my regular wardrobe again
Stretch marks: same
Belly button in or out: James says it's flat, but I still think it's an innie!
Sleep: Sleep is so uncomfortable every day but my usual nap helps!
Best moment this week: Housewarming party with all our family and friends 
Worst moment this week: Being bored...
Miss anything: A good night's sleep
Movement: Lots every day and definitely stronger
Cravings: Getting back into a healthy routine of salmon and salads
Queasy or sick: Nope
Looking forward to: Lunch with my BFFs on Wednesday!
Not looking forward to: trying to decide on a rocking chair

Comments