I'm so not good at this...

So I totally aspire to be a super awesome blogger and log in every day and create super interesting fun things for everyone else to read about...
but.
i'm so not good at it.

So here I am reading other people's blogs thinking to myself I should do this I should do that...welll then I came to the idea that I should do a little posting myself!

About two weeks ago, James and I went to a little local restaurant called KT Noodle (yelp to come). Afterwards we still wanted to do something, but weren't quite sure what, I threw out the idea "Hey, we could go get my tattoo!" James replied "Do you really want to?" and I said "yea of course but I don't know where to get it!" So I searched yelp for a local place that had high reviews and recommendations! Come to find The Studio Art Gallery and Tattoo Studio in Roseville. We drove over and met with Jonas-who was really friendly and down to earth- not at all like a guy you would think is a tattoo artist! I showed him what I wanted he drew it up in more detail with the perfect script and twenty minutes later...

voilĂ 

{infinity symbol with my dad's initials EVS}


I celebrated my 26th birthday last weekend! It was kind of insane. My friends and I celebrated like it was my 21st birthday rather than 26th! It was so so so much fun though! Saturday we went to downtown sacramento and had brunch at The Garage, we then proceeded to a great little place with very pinteresty patio called Hook and Ladder, after that we walked to a local park, pulled out the frisbees and wiffle ball set! We all had a great afternoon of stumbling playing around in the park!
{my absolute favorites from left to right: Rachel, Megan, Stephanie, myself and Nicole}

I slightly continued the celebrations with a couple of friends who weren't able to make it last weekend, yesterday. I met with my bestie Holly at Fox and Goose in Sacramento for brunch yesterday- you can read my yelp about it here. Then I met up with another fave, Stefanie, and we got a beer and most delicious quesadilla and donkey fries at The Boxing Donkey in Roseville {review here}.

I've been keeping pretty darn busy with work, house-duties, and etsy! I feel like there is never enough time in the day, but some days you just have to sit around doing nothing {I know-I'm lazy}!

The last couple days James and I have spent some time making some uber cool backyard decor! We got inspired by the patio at Hook and Ladder-they have the fence covered in pallets {all different shapes and sizes} and then about 3 foot sections of rain gutters slightly slanted all over, which they used as planters! We loved it! James is able to get pallets from work for free all the time (we even already had two at home) so we thought we would give this idea a try! Last night we went to Home Depot and bought about $100 in gutters, gutter end caps, pliers, plants and dirt! We cut the gutters, put the pallets up and wanted to add one more today. Then while I was out with friends, James decided the pallets just didn't look right {after he went out and bought another for $5}. So he took them down and just put the gutters up! I came home and planted them this afternoon! The end result: AWESOME!
{the top box is succulents, right middle is just flowers, and the bottom is flowers and vines}

{we moved my dad's boot onto the top of this planter because there wasn't enough leftover flowers to fill it but it sure turned out cute!}

Overall pretty darn successful month of April, and there's still another week to come-with a full week of work in a kinder classroom and then an interview for a long term through the rest of the school year on Friday, I think I need to get my house cleaned and ready to go, then I will be able to put a focus on applying for jobs and working on etsy OH annnnd working out! This week!

xoxo,
Robin

Comments