Wiegand Snapshot

So I thought with only 2 days until Stella turns 18 months (where has the time gone) and only 5 months left (how is that possible) until Baby #2 is due, now would be a wonderful time to do a little family snapshot!

Stella is changing so much every day lately! I could write a lot about her since I haven't written much but I will just share some of my favorite things lately! She is learning to count and can count to 10 but always skips 7 (I guess that's not her lucky number)! She says SO MUCH. Developmentally most kids her age only say a few words- so James and I feel pretty proud that she is able to communicate so much of her feelings, wants, and just talk to us! We know that her smarts don't completely come from us though- we are so lucky that she has such caring giving family to spend so much time with and nurture her growing mind! She literally can't get enough of her "Nana, Papa, Titi, Pap and Oba"! She loves gymnastics, every chance she gets she wants to jump like she is on a trampoline, practice her handstands, swing from all counters, bookcases, desks, tables and chairs like they are a gym bar, and try to do independent somersaults (hands up, hands down, look at your tummy, and roll)! The other day she was leaving gym and James told her to say bye to a little boy Owen, she was saying "Bye Owen, I love Owen, Bye Owen" over and over- maybe her first crush! lol She is nearly sleeping through the night, mostly wakes up once per night now. Except when she is sick, which is our current situation. She is about 31 inches tall and 27.8 lbs. She keeps my heart happier than I could have ever imagined and we are so lucky she is our first born!

Our second-to-be-born is due in just 163 days, and who knows if he or she will arrive before or after that expected date. Stella was 6 days late but I feel like this babe will be early, not sure why- we'll see. I also feel like this babe is going to be pretty different from Stella. My pregnancies have been mostly the same so far except I never had any morning sickness with Stella and I did the whole first trimester with this one. And, with Stella I hated salmon and salad, and I've craved salad and wanted salmon this time. So weird. I've had acid reflux with both and acne with both. I've also had super oily hair and skin with both- so gross, but I guess I'll be wrinkle free when I'm old! Next week I go for my 17 week appointment, I'm excited to hear the heartbeat again! We've also started cleaning out our office to start prepping for baby, not that baby will move into that room for a few months after he/she is born anyway. It's just nice to have a space that is designated for baby stuff. We haven't really used our office much anyway so we moved the desk to our room and will be using the bed for Stella starting this summer. I never realized that people don't want to stay the night when you have little ones- lol- we used to have friends/family sleepover all the time! Anyway, below are some stats to update about this pregnancy.

How far along: 16 weeks
Gender: unknown
Weight gain: not much, haven't weighed myself lately
Maternity clothes: Maternity Jeans still, not shirts yet though
Stretch marks: none yet- and I hope to keep it this way!
Belly button in or out: In, but flattening out
Sleep: So uncomfortable already, but getting better sleep now that Stella has started getting better sleep again!
Best moment this week: Enjoying Stella's gymnastics time with both Stella and James together!
Worst moment this week: the rain is really dragging me down and making me feel less energized
Miss anything: Not really :)
Movement: A few times I've felt like hmm maybe that was the little babe, but not quite sure...
Cravings: I am soo stuck on gushers and gummy bears!
Queasy or sick: Out of this stage thankfully- except occasionally when I'm in the passenger seat of the car...
Looking forward to: Going to the check up appointment next week!
Not looking forward to: Taking care of my sweet sad little sick Stella the next few days- I hope she gets better quick...

post signature

Comments