12 Weeks and Delicious Recipes

So this weekend was pretty exciting! We were able to share the news of our little babes with several close friends, my grandparents and then my mom shared with my aunts and uncles! I've been surprisingly shocked that the news has not yet been spilled further than that! My dearest sweet Nana (yes, Nana, you!) has a terrible reputation for not being able to keep a secret! :)

This weekend I also got to spend some quality time with my bestie and her little! We went to a birthday breakfast (Happy Birthday Rachie!), then ran around at the park, and then made dinner and watched Hook! Such a fun movie- though I didn't make it to the end because I was wiped out! I was also able to stop at this amazing vegan/gluten-free bakery in Sacramento called Pushkins! For those of you that live in this area or are traveling through it is right off the freeway and definitely worth a stop! Such delish treats! I picked up a few lemon bars and a cupcake! Amazing! 

Luckily, with all the visiting with friends and family I had a three day weekend so I was able to get caught up (a little) with work and be ready for this week! Whoo-whoo it's already Thursday! TGIT!

How far along: 12 weeks
Gender: unknown
Weight gain: +4.5lbs
Maternity clothes: Can't button any of my regular pants/jeans anymore- the Bellaband is really coming in hand!
Stretch marks: No change
Belly button in or out: In
Sleep: Great deep sleep lately! Going to bed around 9pm and getting up at 6am!
Best moment this week: Sharing the news of our little with friends and family!
Worst moment this week: Having to go back to school on Tuesday! :)
Miss anything: A little glass of wine after a long day would be amazing!
Movement: No, still too soon for that!
Cravings: Anything sweet!
Queasy or sick: Nope! Occasionally don't feel well after taking prenatal vitamin!
Looking forward to: Getting a mani/pedi tomorrow!
Not looking forward to: Working all day Saturday to catch up on grading!

This week is the first week in a while that I have felt up to doing anything when I get home! So on Monday I made a weekday meal plan for James and I and went shopping! I wanted to share these amazing recipes that I've been cooking up this week! They are all delicious and I'd say intermediate cooking levels! The husband has raved about all the recipes so far and I've enjoyed how easy they have been! So definitely a win-win in my book!

{Photo from Shockingly Delicious}
Monday: Tomato Bisque (add 1/2 cup Sherry) with Grilled Cheese'

Tuesday: Greek Falafel Pita Sandwiches and Fries

{Photo from Real Simple}
Wednesday: Mushroom and Poblano Tostadas

{Photo from About.com}
Thursday: Yellow Curry (with our own favorite veggies)

{Photo from The Lucky Penny Blog}
Tomorrow: Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Catch up with you next week when I'm actually in the 3 month range! 

post signature


Comments