BIG NEWS

I can't believe I'm finally posting this...

I'M PREGNANT!
I found out on November 28, 2014!

Black Friday, I had been out shopping most of the day and on my way home I was thinking about making a cocktail! I thought better to take a pregnancy test and be sure than be sorry if I had drank! Sure enough and surprisingly enough it was positive! I just couldn't believe it! I knew I only had a couple of hours to figure out how to share the news with James! I loved the idea of using peanuts and giving him the opportunity to have a great cocktail! So I rushed out and picked up a quality bottle of Red Breast Irish Whiskey and an adorable wooden cigar box! I found this super cute book called Dude, You're Gonna Be a Dad! and then made a cute little note to add on top of the items! All of the items (besides the Dad's Rootbeer and Whiskey) were in the box and I set up the computer to secretly record the whole reveal!


When James got home I let him know that I had a surprise for him and had him sit down in the dining room chair! He was a bit nervous that something was going to pop out of the box! haha! Below is the video of him opening the box and putting 1 + 2 (get it?) together!

WARNING: His surprise enabled him to let a couple of f-bombs out! So don't watch with children!




Today as I write this (with a scheduled posting date) I am about 7 weeks pregnant and I wanted to start keeping track of all the pregnancy details! I am following the format of my favorite blogger Little Baby Garvin!

How far along: 7 weeks

Gender: unknown
Weight gain: +0.6 pounds as of today (though my weight fluctuates +/- 2lbs every day)
Maternity clothes: None, but I might need holiday stretchy pants these next two weeks with all the treats I've been eating!
Stretch marks: None, I started using Mustela Double Action Stretchmarks Cream right away so I hope it is as good as everyone says!
Belly button in or out: In
Sleep: Okay... lots of crazy dreams and some discomfort, I'll need to get one of those body pillows soon!
Best moment this week: Finishing up the first half of the year with my sixth graders for a two week winter break AND keeping this baby a secret from my besties!
Worst moment this week: Sleeping last night on the couch because we brought my brother's dog over and he took over the bed!
Miss anything: A glass of wine, beer, cocktail with friends AND energy
Movement: No, too soon for that!
Cravings: Anything with cheese but that's typical
Queasy or sick: Not yet
Looking forward to: Sharing the news with our families on Christmas and my first Doctor's appointment on January 2nd!

Much more news to come in the next few posts when we reveal the news to our families, visit the doctor for the first time and get the first ultrasound!

post signature


Comments