Day 2: Something I am Really Good At

Day 2 of Blog Every Day In May- Something I Am Really Good At

To be totally honest, 

I am a really good crafter!

I know it kind of sounds ridiculous with all of the things that people are able to create now that Pinterest is out there, but really I am pretty darn good a crafting!

I don't just mean one particular kind of craft though.
{and now I feel like I'm boasting about myself}

However, the one particular craft that I love and enjoy more than anything is
Invitation Design

I have my own etsy shop and love making personally designed cards for friends and family.
I have 16 items in my shop right now, but many more sitting and waiting to be placed on my digital shelves.

To tell you the truth, it really isn't that difficult of a craft either.

There are four things you need to know:

1. How to use Microsoft Word {the publishing layout aspect of it}.
2. How to download fonts and edit photos/images.
3. How to use a ruler, paper cutter, hole punch, edge/corner trimer.
4. Basic measurement math { + & - }.

There really isn't much to it, it's totally all about experimenting with the digital materials you have and making them work to your advantage! 


Now for a side note-
I'm stoked to say that I was notified today that I am able to complete a long term substitute teacher assignment for a charter school for the rest of this school year! It seems like there is just a little glimmer of hope right when I need it the most {this just strongly reminded me of the wonderful book I am currently reading: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho- check it out}!

Until tomorrow xoxo,
Robin



Comments