Day 5: So I missed a couple of days....

Alright, sorry about that, I missed Day 3 and Day 4 BUT like Jenni said in rule 1-"the blog police won't come knocking"
Even though I missed those days- I'm going to make up for them right now:

Day 3: Things That Make Me Uncomfortable

Small Spaces
Heights
Confrontation
Homeless People

I realize these all could go under a list titled "What I'm Most Afraid Of", but still these all make me very uncomfortable and I am grateful that I do not have to deal with any of them very often.

Day 4: Favorite Quote and Why I Love It
"You think the dead we loved ever truly leave us? You think that we don't recall them more clearly than ever in times of great trouble? Your father is alive in you, Harry, and shows himself most plainly when you have need of him." -Dumbledore Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban {year 3}

Most of you reading this right now probably don't know that my dad died in a motorcycle accident 1 year and 8 months ago. After he died, I was attending an eight week bereavement group. I also was reading Harry Potter. I came across this quote and it has always stuck with me. It really resonates within me because I couldn't believe the meaning of it more! Losing someone you love is nothing anyone wants to experience but it is part of life; something we all have to deal with at one point or another. I never in a million years thought I would lose my dad at 25. I think this quote is a wonderful representation of some kind of after life. I feel my dad's presence in and around me on a daily basis- he may not be here but he influences me and guides me in a multitude of ways. 

miss you dad

Day 5: Publicly Profess Your Love
So I obviously have to shout out to my husband here, he is truly the most wonderful man I have ever met. Everything about him {except for his dishwasher loading skills} makes me head over heels in love.

He is a sexy, muscular, dirty blonde man. He has brown eyes and is 5'10". He is smart-like owns his own business, plays guitar, listens to NPR, loves Stephan Hawking and anything related to History Channel or Science. He is a family man, devoted and dedicated to make our lives better for the future. He genuinely loves animals {especially our cat Donner}. He is tough and outdoorsy- if we were ever lost in the woods or on a deserted island, we'd probably be just fine because he could figure it out. He makes me a better person by instilling his own good values and morals into me. He helps me understand the many things that I don't. He comforts me whenever I need it. He encourages me when I'm feeling lost, hopeless or wait-for-it discouraged. He is honest, loving, gentle and kind.
He is mine. Forever.
I love you James!

Happy Cinco de Mayo! I hope you all celebrate has hard as I have this weekend! <3
post signature

Comments